7.29.2013

Mascara Monday | Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Black DramaWaterproof Mascara

Wearing mascara on a hot summer day may be very troublesome which is why it's a good idea to use a waterproof mascara. Today I'm going to review you guys the hyped up mascara and I'm probably the last one to try it, Maybelline's Volum' Express The Falsies waterproof mascara in Black Drama. That is their darkest black mascara which I always choose. Keep on reading to find out if it's really waterproof or if it will leave you raccoon eyes at the pool. 


As you can see it comes with a curved wand which is convienent for me because I feel like it helps curls my lashes. But what I dislike about it is that it's very flexible. This bothers me because it sort of bounces each time you apply mascara making it not very sturdy for it to comb all the way through lashes like a stiff wand does. I also find myself brushing through my lashes multiple times to get rid of the clumps and to evenly coat my lashes.

Woah! I don't know about you but that is a huge difference to me right there. The name is appropriate for this mascara, they are dramatic lashes and I can see why it's called the falsies. It doubled the length of my lashes and volmunized them as well. This is just with two coats of application only on my top lashes (preference of mine)! Very impressed.
There's a close up of my lashes, very black and stays curled the whole day. Like I said, it can be really clumpy and if you don't have the time to precisely apply mascara this may not be for you.
I tested the mascara after it completely set and dried to make it a fair test. I splashed water multiple times and gently rubbed my lashes realisticly as if I were at the pool or beach. It stayed put and does not smudge but does flakes a bit, nothing serious. The water made my lashes stick together which is a problem if you want defined lashes.


 I went to the pool with this mascara to test it's lasting power. Please note that this picture was also taken after showering. It's been through hot hours at the pool along with a hot shower. It did smudge and wear off but that would only happens if you are all swimming for long hours or something as intense. Mascara will eventually wear off even if it's waterproof or not. If you're a swimmer and is looking for a true waterproof mascara then I probably won't recommend this. But if you don't really swim at the pool or stay for long I do recommend it and say that this mascara does what it claims including that it's waterproof.

I thought showing you how my makeup wipe looked like after taking the mascara off would be helpful. It is quite hard to take off, as you can see I had to use up the whole side of a wipe and that's from just one eye!

Overall I absolutely love this mascara and it left a good impression as a waterproof mascara because it was my first waterproof mascara ever. I definitely will repurchase this for a waterproof mascara, it does what it claims! I highly recommend it and if you were interested in this or was looking for a waterproof mascara, you should grab one and try it! It's price is around $6.99 and is worth the price.

What waterproof mascaras have you tried? Comment down below and let me know any you want me to review! Hope you enjoyed reading this review and found it helpful.

Xoxo, 
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment