8.15.2013

KOTD | Converse Chuck Taylor Platform Zip

Hey guys! This is an exciting post because I love shoes, especially new ones! These here are the new converse shoes and yes, they are platforms! Amazing right?! Converse is definitely on trend with the platforms and studs as well. They were super duper cute I just couldn't resist and bought them! Especially after I've been wanting some high top converse, these are just the sweet toppings to the cake! 

                          

                                

                           
             
             

        


As you can see the platforms are quite subtle and nothing outrageous which is perfect for me because I'm already tall enough! The platform is around an 1 - 1 1/2 inch. First of all let's talk about the sizing as Converse sizes tend to run big. Normally I'm a size 8 but for regular Converse shoes I'm a size 7 even though on the website they claim that they run a half size bigger but obviously for me it's one whole size bigger. But for these shoes they claimed to be true to size. I wasn't sure to trust the website since they were wrong about the other shoes being a half size bigger. I got a size 8 and should've trusted my gut and gone with a 7.5 because they were just a bit big on me but thank goodness they're high tops so it won't slip off and I can work with it. I love that they added a lot of different trends all in one shoe! Platform, zipper and studs! What else can you ask for? It was absolutely stunning and I couldn't resist it. It has gold detailing as you can see in the pic, which I don't really like. I wish it was silver because the gold looks cheap and yellow, not gold. If you look closely to the red and blue stripes they have a bit faded and worn look to them, it looks like they slightly brushed on white paint to achieve that look which I don't mind. This shoe is not white or cream, it's called egret which is basically in between a white and cream, not too white or cream (yellowey) looking but is more on the cream side. The shoe is made in Vietnam, my country! And is quite a heavy shoe. It retails for $83 but I got mine on sale from their 25% entire site sale for $63 and free shipping but $67 with tax but was a great deal! 

I say if you want some converse grab these! I haven't seen anybody with them yet and they also come in a dark grey color called gunmetal. I do reccomend going half a size down though. If you catch a deal then definitely buy it! I am so happy with this purchase and plan to get the plain black high tops next.

I wanted to see real life pictures of the shoe before I bought it but couldn't find any. So I hope this post helps you out if you were looking for some views of the shoe in real life!

Do you love this shoe or would you pass? 
Comment down below!

Xo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment