8.05.2013

Mascara Monday | Revlon Lash Potion Mascara in Blackest Black

It's Mascara Monday! I don't know about you but mascaras are my favorites and I always look for new mascaras to try after I use it up. Today I'm reviewing Revlon's latest mascara the lash potion. I have it in blackest black, no surprise! The packaging definitely caught my attention and was the main reason I bought it. I know, not very reasonable but I couldn't help it.

                       
The wand isn't the best in the world and actually it's it worst feature because it looks and feels crappy. I think Revlon should've put more effort into the wand, I don't know if it's the same for their other mascaras as this is my first Revlon mascara.


Fortunately the wand did not interfere with the results cause as you can see it looks great! It does a superb job at lengthening and is alright for voluminizing. 

Before
   


After


This is after 6 hours and it did smudge. On some days it can smudge more. It did hold my curl but not as much on my right eye as for that eye it falls quite straight and is more difficult to make it stay curled. I noticed that when the mascara was fresh and new it was really wet and didn't hold my curl as well as it does here and smudged more. But after using it for 2 months it's formula is more dry and thick in a good way.


I wanted to show you guys how much rubbed off on a q-tip for the lids and lower lashline including both eyes. Also, I have very oily eyelids. It is quite an issue so I have to carry around q-tips with me to wipe off any smudges every few hours or so.


It retails for around $7.99 and it can be  for cheaper if you catch a deal. I do recommend this product and suggest you try it if your looking for a great lengthining mascara. I probably will repurchase it but in waterproof because it smudges quite a bit. My favorite thing about the lash potion is it's lengthing, I was impressed! This is by far the best lengthining mascara I've tried! The only reason I would give it 4 instead of 5 stars is because it smudges.

What Revlon mascaras have you tried? Let me know down below!

Xo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment